A Home Care Package is a form of aged care funding, assessed and allocated by the Australian Government to help older people obtain the necessary
care and support they need to live safely and independently at home.
These packages are delivered with a consumer directed care approach which means you are given a care budget and you decide how it is used. This
approach gives you more choice and flexibility to get the services you need.
There are four levels of home care support packages:
- Level 1 - for people with basic care needs
- Level 2 - for people with low-level care needs
- Level 3 - for people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 - for people with high-level care needs.
To be allocated a Home Care Package, you must be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). They will determine which level package you
The types of services Valmar can provide through a Home Care Package include:
- Personal care
- Domestic assistance
- Social Support
- Meal preparation
- Gardening and Home Maintenance
- Continence management
- Mobility and dexterity assistance
- Nursing, allied health and other clinical services
- Transport and assistance getting around in your community
- Provision of equipment and aids.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
How are Home Care Packages Paid for?
Learn more about fees and price lists